Saturday, May 2, 2015

Still at home

Day  minus 2

Only two more days. 

After we came back from Mexico I decided to double my daily walk from Around 7 km to 15 km.  We had been doing that in city streets, in concrete.  Well 4 days later I am grounded with shin pain.  Not walking, icing my shins and taking anti-inflammatories.

We really started our pilgrimage yesterday, we went to mass and received a pilgrim blessing from our pastor. That was the real beginning and even though the first stage is by airplane,  our pilgrimage to Fatima and to the tomb of the apostle St. James the great has started.

We still have a lot of prep work and the time is flying by.  As for packing, we think we have everything ready.  We only need to put all the luggage in the backpack.

Last year I was pretty sure of myself.  Absolutely sure we would walk el Camino.  Today, I am wiser, after last year experience I know how hard it can be.  Also, I know there are fewer facilities in Portugal and this time we do not speak the language.

I was thinking yesterday at mass that when we have this insecurities is when we realize that we are not in control and that we need to put ourselves in the hands of Our Lord.

Santiago pray for us

No comments:

Post a Comment